If you’re new to the Self Storage industry, you might be questioning whether you should invest in storage management software. The amount of software available has saturated the storage market. This can make it difficult to determine which software will best benefit your facility. If you’re trying to evaluate which software is best for your facility, this article can help you out.
Storage management software basics
If you’re not 100% sure on what ‘storage management software’ is, here’s a brief definition:
Storage management software is a general term for all the different applications available. The software was designed to help facility owners manage and monitor their facility(s).
While the different types of software come with their own set of features, there are a few aspects all softwares should have:
- Unified management – Managing a large array of storage units manually can quickly become impossible, so all softwares should allow you to see and manage all of your units; and
- Reporting – Software should be able to give you detailed reports that highlight a variety of information.
These two features are the absolute bare bones of storage management software; however, these two basic elements already highlight the benefits using the software can have.
Some of the best storage management softwares, such as SiteLink, can provide you and your facility with a wealth of benefits.
Storage management software must haves
Apart from the basics, there are a few other features you need to receive from your storage software of choice. Here are just a few of the features to look for when evaluating the best storage software choice.
The fact that unified management is an important feature of storage management software has already been mentioned, but let’s take a second to talk about why it’s so important.
The larger your storage facility, the more important this feature will become. Having to manage each storage unit manually would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. If you’re trying and struggling to do this, it could have a negative impact on your business. Taking advantage of software like SiteLink that supports unified management can help make your facility more organised and efficient.
Reporting is the second feature already mentioned, but understanding the benefits of reporting highlights how important this feature is. The more details you can receive in your reports, the better the management software is for your facility.
SiteLink provides real-time reports, and you can access them on any computer or mobile device, including phones and tablets. Each report contains all the data you need and can be exported as a PDF or to Excel.
When it comes to using storage management software, having access to support when you need it is important. Learning how to use a new piece of software can be difficult. Because of this, knowing you have access to support is important.
With SiteLink, we utilise a powerful API e-Commerce engine to integrate with call centres, including identifying phone numbers and integration to call centre technology and software. This allows us to provide you with the best support possible.
Benefits of storage management software
- Improved efficiency – Access to a good storage management software can help you work more efficiently each day.
- Save time – SiteLink allows you to automate a lot of the daily processes that would otherwise take up a lot of time, so you can focus your efforts on the tasks that matter more.
- Make changes – The detailed reports provided to you allow you to evaluate what you’re doing well and what you can improve on, and this can help increase the success of your facility.
- Increase profits – By becoming more efficient, saving time, and improving your facility, you’ll be in a good position to increase your profits.
There are so many benefits to using storage management software, so you should definitely invest in it for your facility. Are you ready to learn more about the benefits SiteLink could provide to you and your Self Storage facility? Contact us today!