Information Collection And Use
We collect information about you in various ways, and this information may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual person. We collect several categories of information through our Services, including information you provide, information collected automatically from your device, and information we may obtain from third party sources. The types information we collect and manage include names, addresses, email addresses, social security numbers, drivers’ license and bank account information. We use and share this Personal Information for the purposes described below, including as described under the section Additional Uses of Personal Information. We also may be required to collect certain Personal Information by law or due to a contractual relationship we have with you, and failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of our obligations.
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect Personal Information you provide through the use of the Services, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, preferences and other interests, payment card information, purchase details and other transaction information, as well as any other such information you choose to provide on SiteLink or on the forms we use outside of SiteLink . We collect this information to administer your account and the Services, authenticate you as a user, communicate with you, to better understand and analyse our customer population, support our operations and product management, deliver relevant offers and ads and otherwise personalize your experience, improve our products and services (including the Services), process purchases you make online and to deliver purchased services.
Information Collected Automatically
We also gather certain information automatically when you use our Services, which may include Personal Information and which we may combine with other Personal Information. For example, we may collect:
- Log Files: These log files include information such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system or device type, the time and date of access, and clickstream data
- Location Information: When you use our Services, we may collect information such as latitude and longitude, date and time.
Information We Obtain from Third Party Sources
We may obtain certain Personal Information about you from third party sources, such as from:
- Business Partners and Service Providers: We use business partners and service providers, such as payment processors and analytics providers, to perform services on our behalf. Some of these partners have access to Personal Information about you that we may not otherwise have (for example, where you sign up directly with that provider) and may share some or all of this information with us. We use this information to administer Services and conduct marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as to process transactions that you request.
- Supplemental Information: We may receive additional Personal Information from third-party sources, such as credit reference agencies and public databases, which we may append to existing consumer information. We may use this supplemental information to process transactions that you request and to prevent fraud, deliver relevant offers and advertising to you and to improve our operations, Services and our advertising and marketing campaigns.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operating our business, administering the Services and managing your accounts;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or inquiries;
- Processing and completing your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation, enrolment in any loyalty or other programs, processing payments for online purchase and delivering products or services;
- Providing you with newsletters, articles, product or service alerts or announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with coupons, promotional information, offers, and other information that are personally tailored to your interests and purchase behavior, or administering any loyalty or rewards programs, analysing your interactions with us, and improving our products and services;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs; and
Retention of Information
- with our family of companies, including our subsidiaries and affiliates, subject to any limitations we may describe to you in our other agreements with you or relevant FAQs;
- with third-party service providers, vendors, or other consultants who perform services on our behalf or for your benefit, such as for payment processing, marketing, analytics, optimizing our services or verifying data;
- with our business partners for the purpose of administering programs and services;
- with legal or governmental regulatory authorities as required by applicable law, or to third parties as required by applicable law in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by applicable law, or if we determine that disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or us, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made;
- in connection with, or during a negotiation of, any merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership; or
- with your consent or at your reasonable direction.
Legal Bases for Processing
We rely on separate and overlapping bases to process your Personal Information lawfully. It may be necessary for us to process your Personal Information in order to process transactions requested by you or meet our contractual obligations, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or to further our legitimate interests (as described below) if those interests are not overridden by your rights and interests. We may, under certain circumstances, also process your Personal Information based on your consent. We rely on several legitimate interests in using and sharing your Personal Information, which include:
- improving and customizing the Services for you;
- understanding how the Services are being used;
- obtaining insights into usage patterns of the Services;
- exploring ways to develop and grow our business;
- ensuring the safety and security of the Services; and
- enhancing protection against fraud, spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks.
International Data Transfers
We may transfer your Personal Information within our family of companies or to the third parties discussed above. Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected, such as if the transfer is necessary to the performance of a contract between you and us, if the transfer is necessary to the performance of a contract between us and a third party and the contract was entered into in your interest, or if the transfer is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or to protect your vital interests.
- rectify any of your Personal Information that is inaccurate;
- restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information;
- object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- request the deletion of your Personal Information; and
- obtain a copy of your Personal Information in an easily accessible format.